The logo, name and all graphics on the Sites are trademarks of ASRT. Use, reproduction, copying or redistribution of trademarks without the written permission of ASRT is prohibited. All other trademarks or service marks appearing on the Sites are the marks of their respective owners.
Code of Conduct
American Society of Radiologic Technologists Communities
Rules and Guidelines of Behavior
Thanks for being part of the American Society of Radiologic Technologists (“ASRT”) Communities. To ensure the best possible experience for all ASRT members, we have established some basic guidelines for participation.
By joining and using these ASRT Communities, you agree that you are an ASRT member and that you have read and will abide by the rules and guidelines designed for the ASRT Communities. You also agree to reserve discussions, shared files and content to that best suited to the medium. The Communities are a great tool with which to solicit the advice of your peers, benefit from their experience and participate in conversations. Questions about ASRT should be directed to our Member Services Department.
- Please respect the broad diversity of opinion among our members by refraining from posting about politics, current events or religion. Posts must be relevant to the topics of medical imaging, radiation therapy, patient care or health care.
- Questions for or about ASRT or membership should be directed to our Member Services Department.
- Respect others. Focus on the substantive content of posts and not on the people making them. The discussions are meant to stimulate conversation, not to create contention. Please extend the benefit of the doubt to newer members; there is no such thing as a stupid question.
- Posts should not contain individually, personally identifiable information about patients that could violate HIPAA regulations or other privacy laws.
- In order to support research in our field while protecting ASRT from claims of antitrust, surveys that link out to an external source must be pre-approved by ASRT. The survey must be related to medical imaging or radiation therapy and the confidentiality of participants must be secured. Questions related to price, costs or salaries are not allowed. ASRT does not allow market research surveys on the Communities. Inquiries should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Respect intellectual property. Do not post any trademarked or copyrighted material without the owner's written permission to do so. Only post content that you have personally created or have the express permission to use and have properly attributed to the content creator.
- ASRT reserves the right to post information regarding its products or services.
- Corporate advertising or advertising by someone who has a financial link to a company is not allowed. Crowdsourcing and fundraising is considered advertising and will be removed. Junk mail, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes and unsolicited advertising is also prohibited.
- Uploading, posting, email, transmitting or otherwise making available, including through any attachments thereto, any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment is prohibited.
- Use caution when discussing products. Comments about products and manufacturers are subject to libel, slander and federal and state antitrust laws. Do not post competitively sensitive or anticompetitive information about products or manufacturers, discussions about pricing or market allocation, or comments that disparage vendors, manufacturers or suppliers. As a tax-exempt association that represents members who work in the same profession or industry, ASRT and its members are subject to antitrust laws. Antitrust laws prohibit users of the ASRT Communities from making decisions together regarding, among other things, the prices they charge, the vendors or suppliers they use, the patients whom they serve or the geographic markets they serve. Accordingly, you must not post any statements in furtherance of collective conduct, and you must not advocate refusing to do business with any vendor or supplier through the posting of negative reviews or comments.
- Intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, including but not limited to regulations promulgated by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, any rules of any national or other securities exchange, including without limitation, the New York Stock Exchange, the American Stock Exchange or the NASDAQ, and any regulations having the force of law.
- Posts for job openings are limited to no more than 250 words maximum.
- Resumes should not be publicly posted.
- Do not post costs of equipment, exams or salaries. Discussing compensation and benefits information has the potential to result in cost-fixing or salary-fixing from one organization to another.
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, obscene, threatening, harassing, discriminatory, offensive, invasive of another’s privacy, tortious, or illegal posts or messages are strictly prohibited. Do not post anything that you would not want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you.
- Do not use posts to conduct or condone activities that violate any certification agency’s standards of ethics or continuing education guidelines. The ASRT may be obligated to report such posts to the attention of certification agencies.
- Communities signatures should be no more than 4 lines and contain, at most, your name, title, company (can be linked to your website) and phone number. If your institution requires a disclaimer for legal reason, this may also be included, but it should not run contrary to ASRT’s disclaimer included below.
Guidelines for ASRT Affiliates and Other Nonprofit Organizations
- ASRT Affiliates in good standing may post announcements about upcoming meetings and other general announcements about affiliate activities.
- Member recruitment activities are better served by the targeted email program provided by ASRT. Refer to the Targeted Email Request Form for additional information on this affiliate benefit.
- Affiliates are encouraged to send their proposed announcement to the ASRT Communities manager at email@example.com to ensure it meets ASRT Community Guidelines prior to posting.
- Affiliates are encouraged to include the phrase “A Proud Affiliate of the ASRT” at the end of their ASRT Communities posts to distinguish their status.
- Other nonprofit organizations are encouraged to use their own social media channels to promote meetings, CE opportunities, and membership. These posts are generally not permitted on the ASRT Communities.
- Nonprofit organizations who have partnered with ASRT in some capacity may post limited announcements. Example partnerships include:
- Contractual partnerships with ASRT or the ASRT Foundation.
- Nonprofits whose conferences include an ASRT representative as an invited speaker.
- Nonprofits whose conferences include an ASRT update.
- Nonprofits whose conferences provide ASRT with a complimentary exhibit hall booth.
- Accreditation or certification agencies recognized by the ASRT that are providing information or requesting feedback on accreditation or certification activities.
- Nonprofit organizations are encouraged to send their proposed announcement to the ASRT Communities manager at firstname.lastname@example.org to ensure it meets ASRT Community Guidelines prior to posting.
- Nonprofit organizations are encouraged to clarify their relationship with ASRT in their post. Example clarifications include: “Visit the ASRT booth at our annual meeting!”, “Attend the ASRT Update at our annual meeting!” or “Our organization partners with ASRT to provide educational opportunities to R.T.s in underserved communities around the world.”
ASRT Communities Etiquette
- State concisely and clearly the topic of your comments in the subject line. This allows members to respond more appropriately to your posting and makes it easier for members to search the archives by subject.
- Send messages such as "Thanks for the information" or "Me, too" to individuals, not the entire list. Do this by using the "Reply to Sender" link in every message.
- Do not spam other users by sending unwarranted or unwanted messages publicly or privately.
- Do not send administrative messages, such as "Remove me from the list," through the ASRT Communities. Instead use the web interface to change your settings or to remove yourself. If you are changing email addresses, you do not need to remove yourself from the ASRT Communities and rejoin under your new email address. Simply change your settings.
ASRT reserves the right to monitor the Sites for inappropriate postings. In the event that an unsuitable posting is brought to the attention of ASRT, we will take any necessary action, in our sole discretion. If you notice a posting you believe is not appropriate, click on "Mark as Inappropriate" and ASRT will be notified.
ASRT reserves the right to terminate access to any user who does not abide by these guidelines, in its sole discretion.
Collection, Use, and Sharing Your Information
Terms and Conditions of Use
I understand and acknowledge that as a participant, user and contributor to the ASRT Sites , I agree to abide by the following terms and conditions. I understand and acknowledge that if I do not agree to abide by the following terms and conditions or if I violate the terms and conditions at any time, I will not be able to use or contribute to the Sites and may be liable to ASRT for my actions. I warrant that I will abide by, without limitation, all applicable local, state, national and international laws and regulations with respect to my use of the Sites and not interfere with the use and enjoyment of the Sites by other users or with ASRT’s operation and management of the Sites. By clicking the website’s “Accept” button, I accept these terms.
ASRT reserves the right to amend its Code of Conduct or its terms and conditions herein at any time. Please check back frequently in order to see changes, as it may be amended from time to time. If I do not agree to the revised terms and conditions, I agree that my only recourse is to cease using the website.
My participation on the website is subject to my continued compliance with the terms of this Code of Conduct. ASRT reserves the right to refuse my participation at any time in ASRT’s sole and absolute discretion. ASRT may withdraw or suspend content or restrict or terminate my services and participation in the website at any time, immediately without notice and without liability to ASRT, as determined in ASRT’s sole discretion.
To participate in the website, I agree to register and create an account. I agree that I will keep my e-mail address and other contact information up to date. I agree that when I provide content to the website, I will provide my contact information with the content. I understand that ASRT will contact me through my e-mail address and that I take sole responsibility for actions resulting from incorrect contact information that I may provide. I will, at all times, provide true, accurate, current, authorized, and complete information when submitting information or materials on the Sites, including, without limitation, information required to be provided through an ASRT Site registration or account form. If any false, inaccurate, untrue, unauthorized or incomplete information is submitted by you, ASRT reserves the right to terminate your access and use of the Sites. I warrant that I will not impersonate any other person or entity, whether actual or fictitious, when using the Sites, or defame or otherwise harm any party through the use of the Sites. In providing the content to ASRT via the website, I hereby grant ASRT a perpetual (subject to the conditions below), world-wide, royalty-free, non-exclusive right and license to host, cache, route, transmit, index, store, copy, modify, distribute, perform, display, reformat, and excerpt the content so that ASRT may: (i) host the content on the Sites and its servers, and (ii) display, perform and distribute the content, in whole or in part in any form. This license gives ASRT the right to display the content via streaming and/or downloading technologies, currently known and unknown, and to display the content on the Sites and for internal and external marketing purposes. ASRT reserves the right to display advertisements in connection with any display of the content on the Sites. All content shall be displayed in ASRT’s sole discretion and in no event shall ASRT be required to host, index, or display the content. ASRT may remove or refuse to host, index or display any content in ASRT’s sole discretion. ASRT is not responsible for any loss, theft, intellectual property infringement, or damage of any kind to the content. All user content is at your own risk. Other users may use posted information beyond the control of ASRT.
I further represent and warrant that the content and ASRT’s displaying of the content: (i) does not and will not violate any applicable federal or state law, statute, or regulation; and (ii) does not breach and will not breach any duty toward or rights of any person or entity including, without limitation, rights of intellectual property, publicity or privacy, or rights or duties under consumer protection, product liability, tort or contract theories. Regardless of the foregoing, ASRT has no obligation to return any content to me.
The Sites and all content provided on the Sties by ASRT is presented "as is" with no warranties, express or implied of any kind, including without limitation, any representation or warranty that (i) the Sites or ASRT content, or any results that may be obtained by you, are complete, accurate, reliable or non-infringing; (ii) access to the Sites will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error free; (iii) the quality of any services, information, content or other material obtained by you through the Sites will meet your expectations; or (iv) ASRT content will remain unchanged or accessible on the Sites. All warranties, express or implied, are disclaimed to the fullest extent permitted by law including, without limitation, any warranty of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and/or non-infringement of intellectual property. ASRT and its third-party service providers expressly disclaim any warranties or representations regarding the reliability and/or performance of the Sites and any technology used in connection therewith. ASRT and its service providers make no warranty that the website will be uninterrupted, timely or error-free. To the fullest extent permitted by all applicable laws, ASRT and its members, officers, directors, employees and volunteers shall not be liable for any losses, expenses or damages of any nature, including, without limitation, special, incidental, punitive, direct, indirect or consequential damages or lost income or profits, resulting from usage or reliance on the Sites or any content therein, even if ASRT and its members, officers, directors, employees and volunteers have been advised of the possibility of such special, incidental, punitive, direct, indirect or consequential damages.
I understand that the ASRT assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in any information provided on the Sites, nor does it warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information.
ASRT shall not be liable, and disclaims any liability, for any claim, loss or damage, direct or indirect, including without limitation, compensatory, consequential, incidental, indirect, special, exemplary or punitive damages of any kind whatsoever in connection with, as a result of, or arising (i) out of the use of or inability to use the Sites and/or any ASRT content; (ii) from any interruption in the availability of the Sites and/or ASRT content; (iii) from any loss of data and/or from any equipment failure; (iv) from unauthorized access to or alteration of your transmissions or data; (v) from statements or conduct of any third party on the Sites; (vi) from any delay or failure of the Sites arising out of causes beyond ASRT’s control; (vii) out of the use of, reference to, or reliance on, the ASRT content; (viii) out of any third party materials, information, content, products and services contained on, or accessed through, the Sites; (ix) out of any content, information, materials, accuracy of information, and/or quality of the products, services or materials provided by or advertised on third party websites; or (x) out of any other matter relating to the Sites or ASRT content.
Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of certain warranties or conditions or the limitation or exclusion of liability for loss or damage caused by negligence, breach of contract or breach of implied terms, or incidental or consequential damages. Accordingly, only the above limitations in the preceding four (4) paragraphs which are lawful in your jurisdiction will apply to you and ASRT’s liability will be limited to the maximum extent permitted by law.
Use of the internet and the Sites is solely at your risk and is subject to, without limitation, all applicable local, state, national and international laws and regulations. Unless expressly required by law, ASRT does not guarantee the confidentiality or security of any communication or other material transmitted to or from the Sites over the internet or other communication network. ASRT shall not be obligated to correct or update the Sites or any content and shall not be liable for omissions, typographical errors, or out-of-date information which may appear on the Sites.
The information contained in the Sites and ASRT content may or may not reflect the most current developments; accordingly, information on the Sites are not promised or guaranteed to be correct or complete, and should not be relied upon as such. The information on the Sites does not necessarily reflect the opinions of the ASRT. The Sites may feature materials, content, and information provided by third parties. Any such information made available by third parties or other users of the Sites are those of the respective third party and not of ASRT. ASRT makes no representation with respect to, nor does it guarantee or endorse, the quality, non-infringement, accuracy, completeness, timeliness, or reliability of such third party materials, information, or content.
I understand that I have the right to request that ASRT withdraw my content from the website by providing ASRT with a written request sent to:
15000 Central Ave. SE
Albuquerque, New Mexico 87123
If I request the withdrawal of my content with written notice to the above addresses, ASRT will strive to use commercially reasonable efforts to remove the content from the Sites within sixty (60) days from receipt of notice of withdrawal. ASRT may at any time in its sole discretion and without liability to ASRT terminate the Sites, or withdraw any content from the Sites.
The content of the Sites includes, without limitation, (i) ASRT’s trademarks, service marks, logos, brands, and brand names, trade dress and trade names and other distinctive identification (“ASRT Marks”); and (ii) information, data, materials, interfaces, computer code, databases, products, services, software applications and tools, text, images, photographs, audio and video material, including artwork, and (iii) the design, structure, selection, compilation, assembly, coordination, expression, functionalities, applications, look and feel, and arrangement of any content contained in or available through the Sites (“Content”). Such Content is the property of ASRT, its licensors, sponsors, partners, advertisers, content providers or other third parties and is protected by law including but not limited to, copyright, trade secret, patent, and trademark law, as well as other state, national and international laws, treaties and regulations. The reproduction, transmission, distribution, sale, publication, broadcast, circulation or dissemination of any ASRT Content by you, or by you through any other person or entity, is prohibited unless express written consent is separately obtained from ASRT or the owner of such content if ASRT is not the owner. Any use of ASRT’s Marks without ASRT’s express written consent is strictly prohibited. You may not alter, delete, obscure or conceal any copyright or other notices appearing in the Content, including any such notices appearing on any ASRT Content you are permitted to download, transmit, display, print, or reproduce from the Sites.
Regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to your use of the sites must be filed by you within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arose or be forever barred.
ASRT provides opportunities for user interaction within its Sites and social media profiles. On these social media profiles, content and links to other internet sites should not be construed as an endorsement of the organizations, entities, views or content contained therein. ASRT is not responsible for content or links posted by others.